BBQ Salmon Salad with Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
BBQ salmon salad is the quintessential health food. Eating healthy is extremely important and light meals are crucial to weave into your diet for balance. That’s why Executive Chef Christopher Lee has crafted an out-of-this-world BBQ salmon salad recipe with an avocado green goddess dressing that is delicious, filling, and full of nutrition.
- Preheat the grill to the highest setting.
- Combine and mix 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp brown sugar, and ½ tsp pepper in a small dish and set aside.
- Place three slices of bacon on a cold cast iron or oven-safe skillet, and turn the heat to medium. Cook until the bacon is crisp. Remove the bacon and set it on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Chop when cool.
- Slice a lemon in half. Squeeze the lemon and drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil over 2 salmon fillets. Sprinkle the pre-made seasoning mix generously on top of the fillets and rub in lightly.
- Grill the salmon to your liking.
- Create an avocado green goddess dressing. Combine ½ ripe avocado, ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, ¼ cup water, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tsp ground coriander, ½ tsp white wine vinegar, ½ tsp kosher salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Toss the lettuce with the avocado dressing, and divide between two plates.
- Chop an avocado as you see fit, and slice 1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes in half.
- Top the salads with the chopped bacon, sliced tomatoes, chopped avocado, and BBQ salmon.
- Serve and enjoy your BBQ salmon salad!
Check out more recipes by Chef Chris Lee and Friends of Fish The Nush here. For the motherlode of Alaska fishing recipes check out Fish Alaska, LaDonna Rose Cookbooks and the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.