Salmon BLT with Citrus Mayo
It doesn’t get much easier than a BLT, yet Executive Chef Christopher Lee’s clever use of perfectly-seasoned salmon and a to-die-for citrus mayo makes this sandwich one of the best Alaska salmon recipes you can find anywhere. Plus there’s bacon so everyone is happy! This recipe works great with grilled salmon or broiled salmon, forming a nice crisp fillet. The citrus mayo is mind blowing using lemon, lime and orange! It sets the stage for this incredible salmon BLT. Serve with a nice mixed green salad for a healthy and hearty lunch for guests.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk ½ cup mayo, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, ½ tsp chopped chives, ½ tsp chopped fresh dill, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Zest a lemon, lime, and orange, and add the zest to the mayo.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon, lime, and orange. Add a tsp of each juice to the mayo mixture and set aside.
- Separately, whisk 1 tsp honey, 2 tbsp olive oil, the remaining citrus juices, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Add 2 salmon fillets to the bowl and marinate for 2 hours.
- After two hours, grill or broil the salmon.
- Assemble the BLTs with the citrus mayo, butter lettuce, and bacon on toasted bread. Each BLT should include the citrus mayo, one piece of butter lettuce, two strips of bacon, and a salmon fillet on two slices of toasted multi-grain bread.
If you enjoyed this Blackened Salmon Tacos recipe you’ll also love these other recipes from Chef Chris and Friends of Fish The Nush. Also check out some recipes from one of our favorite Alaskan cookbook authors LaDonna Rose. And for the motherlode of Alaska seafood recipes check out Fish Alaska and The Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.